Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
Everite sells its products through a network of dealers. Everite has dealers serving a wide region of the United States. Call the company or send an email to EveriteDoorWorks@gmail.com, to find the dealer nearest you.
Everite doors can be installed in 4-7 weeks. Once an order is placed, it takes 3-4 weeks to build the door. Once built, it can be deilvered and installed in 1-3 weeks. Everite doors must be finished before they are installed. If the doors are not finished by the factory, finishing may add some time.
Yes. The company can finish your doors.
All Everite paint grade doors come factory primed; if you would like Everite to finish coat your door, simply let your dealer know. Everite offers premium quality Sherwin Williams Duration or Reflections paints at very reasonable prices. Choose the Sherwin Williams color number and your door will be delivered fully painted.
For staining, Everite uses the Sikkens finish process. Choose the Sikkens stain color, and the company will send a sample of the wood stained for approval. Part of the charm of premium woods is their natural color variation. Applying a stain color may hide or enhance that natural variation. Choose colors carefully! Once you have selected the stain and the wood, the company will not take the doors back.
Yes. Everite custom builds each door to your order. Most garage door openings have standard dimensions, but for those that don’t, Everite can produce any style or model of doors to non-standard dimensions. However, if you plan to build or remodel your garage, it is better to design your finished opening to match a standard size. Everite builds a series of standard models that have been popular. If there’s a more customized design you’d like, Everite can make that design.
For doors suitable for staining, Everite offers a variety of solid woods or high quality exterior grade plywoods. Unlike other manufacturers, Everite allows you to choose from many wood species suitable for exterior use. Each species has its own unique color and grain patterns. The Everite Custom series doors are made using overlays and panels of solid, clear premium woods suitable for exterior exposure. Other series doors are made using panels of solid clear wood or high quality, marine or exterior grade plywood. Everite’s paint grade doors are made from materials suitable for painting. Everite offers the widest series of paint-grade materials in the industry, including several maintenance free ones. Everite carefully selects advanced, maintenance free materials to preserve the look and feel of real wood while eliminating the necessity of periodic painting..
Yes. Some customers want their premium wood doors to be painted. Most Everite premium woods can be painted, however, some take paint more readily than others.
Several ways. This website has information in the “Door Additions” tab about every wood species and material available. Your Everite dealer also has samples of each type of material available for you to touch and feel and is knowledgeable about which type of material would work best for your home.
No. Paint grade materials cannot be stained.
Finishing an Everite door properly and completely is extremely important. Water is the enemy and will quickly decay any exposed wood.
- Finish all edges. Everite doors (except those made from Versatex) must be finished on all edges (top, bottom, left, right, front and back). For this reason, Everite doors must be finished prior to installation.
- Finish within 20 days. Everite doors (except those made from Versatex) must be painted or stained with 20 days of leaving the factory. Everite doors are made from wood with low moisture content. Once exposed, low moisture wood gradually absorbs water until it reaches the moisture content of the surrounding environment. Once moisture gets into the wood, you cannot get it out. Moisture causes swelling, cracking and premature finish failure.
- Use Sikkens products. Sikkens has spent many years developing and refining coatings for stain grade doors. Everite recommends the Sikkens 3 step staining process for covering stained doors. Follow their application instructions and then apply clear silicone to any exposed seams to seal out water.
- Paint primed doors. Everite primes all paint grade doors at the factory, but primer does not protect a door from moisture. Primed doors must be painted with two top coats of a high quality exterior grade of paint within 20 days of leaving the factory. Everite has used Sherwin Williams Duration and Reflections products with great success.
- No dark colors. Many garage doors are exposed to sun and weather all day long. Dark colors cause heat to build up in the doors causing premature drying and cracking. With the exception of Nyloboard which can be painted any color, light finish colors will prevent premature weathering.
Everite offers a limited 1-3 year limited warranty on most models.